Recognizing and Promoting the Academic Excellence and Involvement of Transfer Students
Tau Sigma offers recognition through membership in a prestigious national honor society specifically for transfer students.
Opportunities to Get Connected
Membership in Tau Sigma provides a common bond among transfer students, opening a door to numerous networking and friendship opportunities.
Opportunities to Get Involved
Tau Sigma membership provides many opportunities for involvement in the local chapter and UMBC. If you meet the membership criteria and are ready to get involved, you should take these steps to become a member:
- Contact the chapter President to ensure you receive the latest emails about meetings and events.
- Attend meetings to learn more about upcoming events and membership requirements
- Start having fun with Tau Sigma by attending events! Past events have included Game Nights, Bake Sales, Boys and Girls Club trips, and Relay for Life.
- Sign up for an Informal Interview
Opportunities to Gain Leadership Experience
Membership in Tau Sigma offers valuable opportunities to serve in leadership positions within the local chapter.
The membership criteria are:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student
- Must transfer to the university with at least one full year’s worth of academic credits (30 credits)
- Must transfer in with a 3.5 GPA OR in the top 20% of all incoming transfers during that term
- Must maintain a 3.3 GPA at UMBC
- Must attend meetings and 2 events per semester until Induction
- Must complete an informal interview
Membership forms are accepted at informal interviews in October and March.
Emily Moroney – UMBC Chapter Advisor, Tau Sigma National Honor Society
The Commons 1A02
1000 Hilltop Circle