Skip to Main Content

Veterans & Dependents Checklist:

Below is an easy checklist to refer to when starting at, or while attending UMBC:

  1. Apply: Undergraduate | Graduate | Non-Degree Seeking 
  2. Confirm Your Residency: Click Here.
  3. University Health Services Requires Proof of Health Insurance: Click Here.
  4. Once registered for classes, you MUST fill out this Semester Certification Form (See Example Here)
  5. If you add/drop classes, submit the SAME FORM. Check “Certification Adjustment Request” (adjust # of registered credits) at the top (See Example Here).
  6. Send your DD-214 (if not on active duty), Certificate of Eligibility (most recent), and Semester Certification Form to “Subject: Request for Benefits
  7. Once forms have been submitted, a “LATE FEE HOLD” will be automatically applied to your myUMBC account to prevent you from obtaining late fees.  If you submit the form late, your account may be subject to late fees.
  8. Once VA payment has been processed and received by UMBC (after Add/Drop period of classes), you will need to call Student Business Services (410.455.2288) to have them remove the “LATE FEE HOLD”.
  9. Remember that you must submit a new Semester Certification Form for each semester or session.
  10. Need Proof of Enrollment? Click Here.
  11. If you have any questions that we can’t answer, contact the U. S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs directly at 1-(888)442-4551.
  12. Don’t forget to “Like” us on Facebook, LinkedIn, & Twitter to get the latest on all things veterans at UMBC.