First Friday of each month
12:00pm – 12:50pm
Lower Flat Tuesdays
The main goal of the Commuter Connection program is to connect commuter students to the greater campus community. OCSS works to prevent commuter students from experiencing the age-old commuter tale of simply going to class and going home. With several events every semester, our Commuter Assistants organize fun and educational events where students can socialize with other commuters, connect with staff and faculty, and learn about on and off-campus resources.
For a full listing of Commuter Connection Events, visit the OCSS group page on myUMBC.
Good Morning Commuters
Every Tuesday Morning
8:30 AM – 10:00 AM
The Commons Main Street
A great way to start your day!
Swing by The Commons Main Street every Tuesday morning from 8:30am to 10:00am for a delicious hot breakfast with OCSS! It’s complimentary with your Commuter Gold Card. Here you can meet new people, express commuter concerns, and learn about the latest events and activities at UMBC.
The Commuter Gold Card entitles you to breakfast at Good Morning Commuters and these additional benefits:
- Student Events Board – A swag bag will be given away at all Tuesday breakfasts
- Gameroom – 1/2 price billiards and table tennis on Fridays from 12:00pm to 6:00pm
- Flat Tuesdays – $1.75 smoothies on Fridays
- University Health Services – $5 off a flu shot in September and October
- Theatre Department – Free tickets for you and one guest to The Amish Project by Jessica Dickey on 11/18/16 (must email email@example.com to reserve your tickets)
- Music Department – Bring a friend for free to any performance in the Professional Concert Series
- Dance Department – 1/2 off admission to the Fall Dance Showcase
- Papa John’s – Large one-topping pizza for $10
- Subway – Buy one regular 6″ sub, chips, and a drink, get a 6″ sub for FREE (of equal or lesser value). Add-ons extra.
- Urban Bar-B-Que – 10% off your order. Not valid with other coupons or specials.
- Lucky 3 Salon – 10% off all services on Thursdays
Co-Sponsor Good Morning Commuters! If you are interested in connecting with commuter students by co-sponsoring GMC, please contact Katie Weir at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freshmen Commuter Retreat
Get more information here!